The Cedar Valley Makerspace will be featured as part of this year's Tour de 'Loo! Normal Thursday open hours will be closed as the times overlap, but we'll be open all evening from 5-9pm for tours of the space. See below for more details!
Main Street Waterloo will be hosting Tour de 'Loo, a "behind the scenes" tour of downtown's newest rehabilitation projects, on Thursday, October 6th. Eleven sites will be open for the tour from 5:30 pm – 9:00 pm, so wear comfortable shoes and hit all the sites.
Guests are invited to see historic properties, view recent restorations, get a peek at work in progress, view plans of projects yet to come and see the finished product of spaces on the last tour. The tour of downtown Waterloo's unfinished spaces and newest renovations include residential, nightlife and commercial spaces.
You may begin your tour at any of the locations:
– id8 Workspace, 402 E. 4th St. Floor 1
– Regions Bank, 412 Mulberry St.
– Bryan's on 4th, 320 E. 4th St.
– MODUS, 214 E. 4th St.
– Smitty's Bar, 709 Jefferson St.
– Basal Pizza, 225 W. 4th St.
– Style Avenue, 227 W. 4th St.
– Waterloo DekHockey, 460 Jefferson St., RiverLoop Expo Grounds
– Hive, 415 Commercial St.
– SingleSpeed Brewing, 325 Commercial St.
– GrandCrossing, Westfield Ave. & Jefferson St.
– Cedar Valley Makerspace, 360 Westfield Ave., Tech 1 Bldg, 3rd Floor
Smitty's Bar at 709 Jefferson St. will host the conclusion of the evening with socializing, refreshments, and drawing for a great door prize from each destination at 9:30pm. There will be a cash bar available beginning at 8pm. Dolly's Party Bus will be shuttling from three locations around downtown Waterloo from 6pm-10pm.
Advance tickets are now on sale at the Main Street office, 212 East 4th Street, for $8.00 until 6:00pm the day of the event, with tickets available at id8 Workspace, 402 E. 4th St. Floor 1 for $10.00 on the evening of the event. Also available are Corporate packs of 10 tickets for $60.00.