top of page
Machine Orientation Required
Safety Glasses Required
Machine Orientation Checklist:
1. Read operation manual and know how to safely operate equipment.
2. Inspect to make sure the saw is in good working order. If not, fix it, or unplug it, tag it and report it.
3. Riving knife or blade guard should be installed for rip cuts
4. If fingers will be within 4 inches of the blade, visit the safety cart for push sticks/safety aides. 5. Make sure beginning and ending material will be well supported. If not, orient roller stands. 6. Do not use rip fence for cross cuts. Instead, use miter saw, or cross cut or miter fixtures and jigs.
7. Wobbly, less than flat, or salvaged material should be prepared for the table saw, which should include sectioning with hand tools and checking for metal with a metal detector.
1. Ensure blade is at 90 degrees and lowered position
2. Clean-up all saw dust, leave space cleaner than you found it.
bottom of page