top of page
Machine Orientation Checklist:
1. Read operation manual and know how to safely operate equipment.
2. Inspect to make sure the saw is in good working order. If not, fix it, or unplug it, tag it and report it.
3. Ensure wood or material is not conductive(See saw stop essentials.)
4. Riving knife or blade guard should be installed for rip cuts
5. If fingers will be within 4 inches of the blade, visit the safety cart for push sticks/safety aides. 6. Make sure beginning and ending material will be well supported. If not, orient roller stands. 7. Do not use rip fence for cross cuts. Instead, us the crosscut sled.
8. Do not use salvaged material that may have screws and nails or other conductive material, and always check with the metal detector if unsure.
1. Ensure blade is at 90 degrees and lowered position
2. Clean-up all saw dust, leave space cleaner than you found it.
bottom of page